“This type of action on a large scale is capable of moving mountains. First it creates the idea that the public is aware of the recipient and their position and action or lack of it Two it creates stress as they decide how to respond even if it is a fob off or silence. Three it educates because many of these people believe their own little world. Four PA’s and Secretaries also see it and may be more receptive than their boss -
DUTY OF CANDOUR
“Candour is the quality of being open and honest in dealings with other people. It embraces frankness, truthfulness, sincerity, directness, straightforwardness and the avoidance of deception and covert behaviour. Transparency is another word used to capture the values embodied in candidness/candour, meaning that nothing is hidden from view.”
So begins a 12-
Since November 2014 a statutory Duty of Candour has been introduced in England . It is being recognised as a massive step forward (from the previous Memorandum of Understanding – no duty of candour!) but far from perfect. Bristol Royal Children’s Hospital, one latest scandal bears testimony to that.
The operation of Duty of Candour in Public Office is a random matter, and where it fails, varies in its lack of application. We may agree that not every nurse/ doctor/ surgeon/ police officer/ judge etc is guilty of the crimes/ deceit/ lies etc we are witnessing, but to our great shame there are numerous examples of the absence of a duty of candour in hospitals , police stations, prisons, court rooms, children’s homes, and every place acknowledged as a Public Office or Institution. Chief Executives of a Hospital who withhold vital evidence of a death or injury, the Coroner who deliberately selects witnesses to avoid exposure of a Hospital error, the Police who collude to cover a colleague or another official, and the medic who refuses to speak up against the wrongs of another medic, are sorry examples of a lack of Duty of Candour.
If the training of each individual in Public Office began with instruction in Duty of Candour (for few have heard of or considered its relevance in their relationship with those they serve) and were made aware of the dire consequences of unconformity with such a Duty, many terrible occurrences would be avoided. A vitally needed change of culture would emerge. With specific regard to the NHS, this has been the desire expressed by those MPs and Lords and Ladies of the House of Lords who took part in Debates in the two Houses .
Meanwhile, in the NHS, because of the established arrangement between doctors and the GMC, despite the new laudable publication “When things go wrong – The professional duty of candour”, the conversation held between the medic and the damaged patient is based on the superior attitude which the doctor takes . The patient, he or she is trained to believe, is unable to understand the complexities of modern medicine; the patient does not possess the doctor’s standard of education in medical matters...
The doctor submits a report to the GMC which then engages with the medic – in secret! The Government has sanctioned a self-
A fully operational statutory personal Duty of Candour within the Health Services in accordance with the new law would greatly reduce the medical condition known as iatrogenesis and the way the results of it are handled. “iatro”: physician or medical treatment + “genesis”: creation, origination, describes any injury or illness that occurs because of medical care; a disease or death caused by medical intervention . Multi-
A fully operational statutory personal Duty of Candour within all Public Officialdom would negate the attitudes of superiority supported by Darwinist and Orwellian principles, Freemasonry and Common Purpose, and return us to the purity and openness of Common Law – do no harm, cause no loss, commit no fraud..!
3. Daily Mail’s MailOnline article by Jane Feinmann, 1st April 2014. Robbie Powell.
Dear (Rt Hon / Mr etc) [Name] MP,
It is a matter of great concern to me that the current “Statutory Duty of Candour”, in place since November 2014, does not address the issue of personal responsibility when something goes wrong in the NHS. The individual who has caused harm or death to the one in his or her care should act under Regulation 20 of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014.
However, in practical terms, the medic considers him or herself to have medical knowledge beyond the comprehension of the patient or the patient’s representative. The medic submits a report to the GMC, detailing the problem and the GMC makes contact. The conversation is secret and the report is not shared with the patient or representative. This results in nothing! Because Governments have allowed the Medical Profession to operate a self-
In the event that you might not be familiar with the term “Duty of Candour”, may I draw your attention to two Debates in Parliament, one in the House of Commons, the other in the House of Lords? The Commons airing of “no duty of candour” was an Adjournment Debate on 1st December, 2010 brought by Mr Robert Syms MP (Poole); the Lords debate was called “Amendment 20” brought by Baroness Masham of Ilton on 11th November 2011. Both may be located online through the Parliamentary websites.
Despite many impassioned stories of great distress from the constituents of the Members of Parliament and the experience and knowledge of the Lords and Ladies, all we have is a ragged safety-
The current situation makes the 2014 “Statutory Duty of Candour” a farce, and a cruel contradiction of the admirable Principles of Common Law of “Do No Harm”. Honesty and Transparency are the backbone of Candour, and I firmly believe that the establishment of such openness in the behaviour of every employee of every rank in Public Office would lead to better practice, higher standards and an increase in trust.
As my representative in Parliament, I request your gracious response to my call for further Parliament Debate and Decision to establish a Statutory Personal Duty of Candour which shall be binding upon all in Public Office from trainee stage to full professional status.
Until such a Duty of Candour with personal responsibility is in place, the culture of cover-
(Address and Telephone number, if sending by email)
Please help to raise the profile of this topic by copying and sending this email to your MP
This Weeks Topic in Focus
How Professional are the Professionals?
Dear Mr Hayes,
I see from government websites that you, as Minister of State for Transport rather than the Secretary of State for Transport, the Rt Hon Chris Grayling MP, is responsible for HS2.
May I appeal to you to spend a worthy six minutes watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNfcteXOcfM&feature=youtu.be
Not only is the implementation of this project immensely distressing for home-
Not only is the implementation of this project immensely damaging to the environment with woodlands destroyed,
but the whole project is NOW since BREXIT -
HS2 is an EU 2015 -
Please see this logical reasoning from a native Brit of advanced years!
By the time this wasteful, redundant, destructive, monster has ripped through many counties, (including Buckinghamshire)
we will once again be a free and sovereign nation. That is what we voted for, so it must come to pass...
How ridiculous it will look to our grand-
If I've ever agreed with Boris Johnson, it was when he said "Go whistle!" to the EU on paying to Exit.
I urge and encourage you and plead for you to do the same. Please stand tall against the tyrannical demands of the corporate drivers of EU policy and have us be LEFT ALONE!!
On the destruction of 47 woodlands: These have been specifically planted to replace the 15 million trees lost in the horrendous storm of 1987. There is still a vast amount of planting still required to compensate the loss. The lack of trees has a tremendous impact on our weather systems by way of high winds. All this effort is now in grave danger and will have been proved to have been a complete waste if HS2 goes ahead.
There are 2 petitions about the HS2 Railway line:
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE LETTER BELOW AND SEND TO YOUR MP
Open Letter to contending political parties
05 May 2017
UK General Election June 2017
Correctly answer the following and your party will have my vote and doubtless the votes of many others. Please provide your party policy upon:
1. Crimes against children committed by our ruling elites. I refer you to:
i) BBC documentary during which Tim Fortescue, Chief Whip during the time of Edward Heath, [from memory] stated ‘.... if an MP comes to us with a problem relating to debt, or little boys, we cover the matter up’ .... in the interests of party loyalty. It seems to me that all political parties do this. Will you commit to rooting out this abomination?
ii) Current policy appears to be: if a policeman proceeds with a paedophile investigation leading to one or more of our political elites, his superiors will shut the case down and then persecute the policeman. There are several examples of this. Do you agree with this policy or will you undertake to change it?
iii) Will you continue to persecute Janice and Brian Docherty [there is a Brian Docherty who is a convicted paedophile but you will note this is not Janice’s Brian] or will you do all you can to have their children returned to them and allow them to resume a normal life? There is a 260 page transcript of an interview, other data and many other sources covering this outrageous case.
iv) Will you continue to persecute Melanie Shaw currently in jail, initially in Peterborough, now in Nottingham, where she was held without charge in solitary confinement for many months before being subjected to trial by video link which was shut off part way through the process? They said she was shouting. She denies it and in view of the bizarre nature of this case I am inclined to believe her. She has recently been found guilty of contempt of court, whatever that means in this case, and she is back in solitary confinement. There are many articles covering this sobering legal anomaly.
2. Will you undertake to reverse the erosion of our ancient rights and freedoms represented by Magna Carta, but which existed before Magna Carta, and by the written Constitution [originally for William and Mary] which was read to our Queen during her coronation? She assented to it and to our rights and freedoms and she bowed to the reader .... who represented us. Will you restore proper public trial by jury by which jury members are selected at random, and a unanimous decision is required for a conviction? Will you insist that judges should always instruct all jurors that if they believe the law under which a conviction is being progressed is unjust they have a moral and Common Law obligation to find a verdict of NOT GUILTY [trial of William Penn and William Mead in 1670]? Will you stop the odious practise of trial by video link?
3. Are you willing stop ill informed and disingenuous propaganda that parliament is sovereign? I assume that our monarch has not declared mediatization. It is a little known fact, but a true one, that we, the ordinary people are sovereign. Our Constitution is clear upon this matter! We once had a tyranny by the monarchy. We want the current trend towards tyranny by parliament to reverse.
4. Are you willing to scrap insolent, treasonous and tyrannical moves to write a Constitution. We already have a written Constitution [ https://www.britishconstitutiongroup.com/british-
5. Are your candidates aware of the Bank of International Settlements based in Basel, aware of its powers and what it does? Please advise me.
6. Are you willing to abolish the odious and criminal activity of fractional banking and the issuance of money through debt and interest? I put money into a bank account and the bank can magic additional money, almost doubling the original deposit, as loans thereby creating money in the form of debt upon which the bank charges interest. It is calculated that over the last 40 years this has pushed up the amount of money in the economy by 11.5% per year; more than 95% of money now in circulation is said to be interest bearing debt, created by the banks from nothing, which, because it is based on debt, has in turn pushed up the price of houses, out-
7. Are you willing to re-
8. Are you happy with the so called Big Society? What is the Global Parliament of Mayors? To where should the loyalties of big city mayors lie; their global parliament, or their country? Why do we need another layer of big government with the expense it entails?
9. Will you, like many others, put pressure upon Wiltshire Chief Constable Mike Veale to drop his investigation into accusations against Edward Heath, or will you allow his investigations to continue without interference?
10. Why is the odious and secretive non government charitable organisation Common Purpose funded by government to train ‘our leaders of the future’? Its stated aim is to sit in the so called gap between government and the people. It subverts, undermines and circumvents parliament, infects the police, local government and increasingly the military. References to it during meetings are airbrushed from public records. It was started by Julia Middleton and is based upon the corrosive teaching of Saul Alinsky. Will you root it out from our government institutions, military and the police and name public figures associated with it?
11. Are you aware that the man apparently in charge of the Tory Party election campaign is Jim Messina, an associate of Obama. Is he of Common Purpose USA? If yes then why are they involved in our election?
12. Staltenberg [NATO] and Federica Mogherini [EU] are on record as stating that police and military should converge and combine and I understand that our current Home Secretary is keen on following their lead. Why? Do you agree with this policy? There is no reason for a free and democratic nation to combine these functions. They serve different purposes. It is far better for a separation of powers to exist: unless that free and democratic state is to become a police state. Do you agree this country should become a Police State?
13. Why have European Union military Head Quarters been set up in Northwood, London and at RAF St. Mawgan in Cornwall ready for operation within a few hours? Are you aware that British military forces including our nuclear deterrent force are being given to the European Union currently via military union with France? You may not be in favour of us having a nuclear deterrent but we do have one. Do you really want it to be handed over to another country, or group of countries dominated by Germany? Are you aware that members of the government do not deny this: they refuse to discuss the matter? Do you want our military procurement to be through a common European Union procurement body over which we have no power? Are you aware that this will probably be the end of our two remaining blue chip defence companies: BA Systems and Rolls Royce which through lack of orders are currently priced well below their real worth to Britain? This will occur whether BREXIT proceeds or whether it does not. Are you happy that Britain’s defence industries, and armed forces should continue to be hollowed out?
I shall value you response to these questions.